Monday 27 September 2010

** review: illamasqua intense lipgloss ** leopard print jumpsuit

I bought these two Illamasqua Intense Lipglosses a few months back now, and although I haven't used them much, I do really like them.

I bought them online through the Debenhams website, and at the time they were doing 10% off and free delivery, so that made the purchases even sweeter!

I got Absorb (a creamy biscuit nude) and Mistress (a bright coral orange).




 



They smell gorgeous, very fruity and not sickly at all. The texture and consistency is pretty thick, but I would say that this is necessary to get the amazing colour pay off that these lip glosses have! Saying that though, a thin layer can be applied to achieve a more subtle look, but I don't think that's the point of these glosses. I find that patting the gloss on with my finger helps to apply it more evenly. I also love the fact that you can get such a great colour in a gloss as opposed to a lipstick which I can sometimes find a bit drying on the lips.



I think you definitely need to prime your lips before applying this gloss, as it looks great for the first 5 minutes, and then I sometimes find that the colour can go slightly "stringy" on my lips. I also find I get it on my teeth a lot, and that is for me a huge downside to wearing these intense colours. Maybe I need to try a product that sets the gloss on my lips??? That's something I'm definitely going to look into, because I love these glosses, and would probably buy more if it weren't for this problem!


***************

I just thought I would share a purchase I made yesterday with anyone who reads this.....I saw this leopard print jumpsuit (£29.99) in H&M last week and although it is a little bit "out there" and maybe an acquired taste, I just loved it!! I'm not normally a fan of the old leopard print, but recently I have found myself gravitating towards it, maybe it comes with age!




I asked my Big Old Bean to go and have a look at it, and his opinion was lets say, less than enthusiastic! But in true Small Old Bean style, I went ahead and bought it anyway....I wouldn't wear it as day wear, but I'm so excited to wear it the next time I go on a night out....so here's to wearing it out and getting probably more than a few funny looks that come with living in a small town where nobody knows how to dress!!



xXx

3 comments:

  1. I just purchased that same jumpsuit from H&M today for $39.99.......now I'm wondering what and how to wear it!!! Any ideas? Its definiately a night out on the town outfit!!! HELP! eae609@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ebony, I'm just going to wear mine with a pair of heels and a waist belt, as its a full jumpsuit, I dont think you need much else! I would keep the jewellery to just bracelets, as I think a necklace as well would maybe just be too much? I also thought a little cropped black blazer might look good, if you wanted something to cover up with for braving the winter winds! Let me know what you find to go with it!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just purchased the jumpsuit too and cannot wait to wear it!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.....BEEEEEP! xXx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...