Friday 17 September 2010

** review: dermalogica skin smoothing cream

When I was studying for my Beauty Therapy qualifications at college, we had a sort of beginners training day in Dermalogica products. Dermalogica is part of the International Dermal Institute which was founded in 1983 by fellow Brit, Jane Wurwand.

Luckily for me, I won Student of the Year in my final year at college, and got to spend £100 on any Dermalogica products that I wanted. One of the products I got was Dermalogica's Skin Smoothing Cream, and lets just say I have never looked back since!


My skin is pretty clear most of the time, but whenever I had a hot shower for longer than 2 minutes, the skin on my cheeks for some reason would totally freak out. It would turn bright red and would I get loads tiny tiny white pimples on my cheeks. 

Totally Eeeeew!

Then along came Dermalogica, woohoo!
I began using Skin Smoothing Cream (around £30 for 100ml) as part of my skincare routine. It doesn't really have a fragrance, maybe slightly botanical? I would say it has a medium consistency, its not too thick or too thin,and it soaks in pretty quickly.




It contains
  • Silk Amino Acids which help smooth skin and improve skin texture.
  • Extracts of Mallow, Cucumber and Arnica soothe and hydrate the skin.
  • Antioxidant Grape Seed Extract plus Vitamins A, C and E to help to reduce free radical activity.
  • Aloe moisturises and promotes healing and helps to prevent the appearance of lines.
I would definitely agree that it does all of these things! 

I think that the Skin Smoothing Cream alone has made a dramatic difference to the way my skin reacts to hot water, and although I still get the odd little white pimple on my cheeks, they do not go anywhere near as red as they used to.

I like the way that their products are aimed neither at males or females, and keep their packaging plain and simple, and its pretty impossible to pick up a magazine that doesn't feature a Dermalogica product in it somewhere!


I know that on first glance, this brand can seem a little pricey, but there's no doubt in my mind that for me they are definitely worth it! A 100ml bottle of moisturiser last me about 6-8 months, and a 500ml cleanser lasts 8-10 months (using twice a day). When you work out price per day, it really isn't that expensive at all!





xXx

2 comments:

  1. GOD i love dermalogica. they saved my acne ridden skin when i was in cosmetology school and i've been using their special cleansing gel and active moist for years. wanna follow me? i'm following you =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im too scared to stray from it now! Of course I will follow you! x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.....BEEEEEP! xXx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...